Wesley's Chapel
Organ
Look Closer
The massive organ pipes are surrounded by wooden panels and benches

Until 1882 the singing at Wesley’s Chapel was led by a precentor, using a tuning fork, from the lowest tier of the pulpit. The first organ was installed in 1882. It was replaced by the present organ which was installed in 1891, with the pipes on either side of the gallery and the console on the ground floor of the Chapel. In 1905 the organ was electrified and in 1938 the organ pipes were relocated to the rear of the gallery.

Points of Interest
Windows Font Apse Pews
Pulpit Gallery Interior Foundery Chapel

Chapel Interior Courtyard Preaching Window Font Apse Pews Pulpit Gallery Organ Foundery Chapel

Courtyard | Interior | Windows | Font | Apse | Pews | Pulpit | Gallery | Organ | Foundery Chapel


Site © Wesley's Chapel & Leysian Mission 2008
49 City Road, London EC1Y 1AU